Green Tea is the infusion that is obtained from the dried leaves of Camellia Sinensis. The main properties of Green Tea are being a great antioxidant and has been used as a natural medicine for centuries.
Discover the exciting world of green tea.
Green tea, unlike black tea, is a tea that has hardly suffered oxidation.
As soon as it is harvested, it begins to undergo chemical changes, its pigments slowly change from green to brown and its compounds oxidize.
To avoid this process, tea producers perform a heating or roasting process a few hours after harvesting, so that the enzymes responsible for oxidation are neutralized.
This process also results in an increase in the concentration of tannins.
Properties of green tea
- It helps to lose weight, although it is not proven to do so with the same efficacy as red tea, which is a diuretic tested and helps to lose weight.
- It prevents the onset of cancer and mainly of these types: bladder, oesophagus, ovaries and pancreas is also related to the disappearance of the Human Papillomavirus in women and treating genital warts.
- Like most teas, it helps to improve the cardiovascular system by reducing the onset of these diseases.
Benefits of green tea
- Green tea serves to prevent cancer
- Green tea serves to improve cardiovascular health
- Green tea reduces sugar levels
Do you drink green tea on a regular basis? Tell us about your experience with this drink.